Tuesday 30 April 2013

3. Of Evaluation

3.What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?



If I were to distribute my magazine, I would probably chose Bauer media.

Bauer is a very well established company, from womens weeklies to film magazines, Bauer sells over 200 magazines in 15 countries. Bauer also own many different forms of cross media platforms, including radio, tv and online, because of this, I think it wouldn't take long for my magazine to become one of the top flight magazines.

Bauer also works closely with Frontline - a company who distribute magazines, this is an advantage in choosing Bauer as they could get my magazines distributed at ease.

There is a huge negative though. Kerrang. I think my magazine is too closely related to Kerrang, and because so many of Kerrang's readers already have their trust in Kerrang and are loyal to the magazine, I think it would be hard to gain any huge amount of readers, as probably most of the readers of my magazine genre, would already be interested in Kerrang, however, if they for some reason don't like Kerrang, they could trial 'Mosh!' 

There is also another I could chose. IPC. IPC are obviously in huge contest with Bauer, so they could be needing a magazine of  the rock/metal genre,(they already have NME, but that's more for indie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment