Wednesday 1 May 2013

4. Of Evaluation

4.Who would be the audience for your media product?

The target audience for my magazine is teen-young adult, specifically 14-21.





The readers of my magazine would take use of the free posters and other goodies, which could all add up. For example, many fans of Kerrang and Rocksound take advantage of their free weekly posters, and build 'poster walls' in their room, this is a good way for the readers of the magazines to feel involved in a community, which is what I hope will happen to my magazine audience.





The audience of this magazine would be interested in the live aspect of music, as rock music can be focused around the live aspect heavily, plus, the readers would be interested in reading about the 'gigs' section of the magazine.


For the outfit/style of my audience, I feel as if they're going to be wearing similar clothing to the bands that will be featured in the magazine, some brands that both bands and readers alike will both possibly be wearing are, Converse, Vans, Drop Dead! wearing skinny jeans, maybe another bands t shirt (Iron Maiden and Metallica seem to be popular)

 









Due to the majority (not all) of mainstream rock/metal bands being male dominated, I think that the percentage of readers will be 65%  male and 35% female, as the males will look up to established bands for inspiration (especially people learning guitar. For hair, I think the majority of the readers will have medium to long length hair, as bands usually have long  hair so they'll take influence from that.


I think the readers of my magazine ( more the young adults around the age of 18 as opposed to teen) will buy records/cds from cd shops such as HMV and independent record shops such as Spillers records in Cardiff. I think they'll do this because they will have alot of passion for the bands they like so would go out and buy their cd (maybe even at one of their gigs) to show support, as opposed to using a social networking or other methods to listen to their music.






No comments:

Post a Comment