Wednesday 1 May 2013

5. Of Evaluation

5.How did you attract/address your audience?

I decided to use informal language throughout my magazine (although trying to stay professional) as my influences such as Rocksound use this approach in text, (however, Metal Hammer, because it's target audience is older than Rocksound/Kerrang, uses more formal text)



For my front cover, you can see that i've kept things informal, the band name 'Sharks & Danger' is rather informal, as with the pose of the band, I've stuck with the red, black and white colour scheme, but added a yellow as I wanted to mix the influences from Kerrang and Rocksound (Rocksound regularly uses bold, bright colours such as light blue and yellow)












For the article, I've again stuck with the laid back atmosphere, especially with the interview, as it suggests that the band also has a laid-back attitude, which the readers could probably relate to/ the colour scheme is the same as the front, but with a more dark sense due to the background, the title could create a sense of wonder, as it's rather unusual, which could want the reader to read the article, rather than skim read until they find something that hugely interests them, which is what most readers of magazines do.

   


My contents page, I think, would  attract my audience well, as I think, very quickly, they would be attracted to the 'win' section, as that guitar is very expensive, and could be used as a tool for 'showing off' to their friends, I also think the reader would be attracted to the main image, as the little annotation 'insomnia rocks' can be seen as rather peculiar.  I think the reader would also be drawn in by the amount of content, the 'albums' section could appeal to people interested in studio music, where-as the gig section could interest people interested in the live aspect of music, basically, there's something for almost all rock fans here.













No comments:

Post a Comment